Pages

Feb 20, 2018

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 1091: Nightcrawler #9, October 2005

https://www.comics.org/issue/291297/

One of the things I really appreciate about Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa is that he appears to love Man-Thing as much as I do.

I kind of just want to leave it at that.

Of course, what I mean is that poor old Ted Sallis shows up in this issue, which means next issue should be even stranger than the last couple, and that these issues are potentially going to have to be relocated to my Man-Thing collection. Man-Thing is one of those characters who has only had sporadic ongoing series since his creation, but has appeared in a vast amount of titles. Usually he acts as a proxy for the hand of the universe in guiding heroes, which is how, in his own title under Steve Gerber, he always functioned best. I'd always thought it might be cool to read Ted Sallis's long, strange career through those guest appearances, and get an idea of what kind of "ongoing" adventures he's been through.

I'll be adding this issue, and presumably tomorrow's, of Nightcrawler to the list.

To be continued.

No comments: