Pages

Jul 14, 2017

The 40 Years of Comics Project - Day 870: Gremlin Trouble #21, 2000

https://www.comics.org/issue/134170/

The last issue in the collection of Gremlin Trouble stars surprisingly few gremlins. This issue focusses more on the human characters allied with the gremlins - a group of highly trained scientists who are also an "idol singing group" (I have no idea what that means). Apparently the goblins who represent the dark forces are susceptible to melodic music. And nuclear weapons.

Have I mentioned what a strange, strange comic this is? And the comparison to Bakshi's Wizards just gets stronger and stronger. I'm not going to lie: I'm going to be keeping an eye out for this one. I'd love to know how things got to where they are in the nine.

But, as often happens in this project, there's an excellent chance this is all I'll ever read of Gremlin Trouble. I've enjoyed it more than I thought I would. A lot of the series I pull out to read are kind of obscure and I read them mainly because they're there, and the point of the project is to read EVERYTHING!!! But it's nice when the series is actually entertaining. And this was that.

Some ideas for what to read tomorrow, but you'll have to wait until then to find out. To be continued!


No comments: